Case Study: Win Big presented by BMW of San Francisco
CASE STUDY: Win Big presented by BMW of San Francisco
ORGANIZATION: University of San Francisco
BACKGROUND & GOALS
Seeking to increase donations, ticket sales and sponsorship engagement, the University of San Francisco’s Athletics Department launched the Dons Insider with GAGA in December 2011.
To promote the launch of the site, USF teamed up with GAGA and BMW of San Francisco to offer fans a chance to win a new BMW. The promotion became the largest digital sponsorship in the history of the university with full in-game, online, and social integration.
In this exclusive opportunity, fans entered at the Dons Insider to be chosen to shoot a half court shot during halftime at a men’s basketball game against conference rival, Gonzaga. The winner of the shot would drive away from the game in the new BMW from BMW of San Francisco that was parked outside USF’s War Memorial Gym.
Contestants could increase their chances of being chosen by sharing the contest on their Facebook and Twitter feeds using the GAGA Influencer Tool.
The contest was promoted on the USF Dons website, Facebook and Twitter page as well as an email newsletter to the USF community. Cards promoting the contest were given away at Will Call during games leading up to the last day of the contest.
- 49% of USF Dons Twitter followers and 24% of their Facebook fans registered for the site, giving USF an opportunity to collect more data about their users.
- 24% of contestants posted the contest on their Facebook and Twitter site via the GAGA Influencer Tool.
- 38% of registered users also opted in to receive more information about BMW of San Francisco.
- Most shared platform by users: Facebook
- Official Sponsor: BMW of San Francisco